This cake is pretty simple and really tasty. I served this a couple times and at both times it was praised. I prefer it cold but it can be served luke warm/warm.
You can add any fruit you like, I happen to have strawberries. Top with powdered sugar and you’re good to go!
It takes maybe 10 min to put together and 40-45 min to cook. Did I mention it’s an easy cake? 🙂
Makes 1 9×13 cake | Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F and line 9×13 pan with foil and cover with bake spray.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 1 egg
Berry Custard Filling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 12 oz strawberries
- 4 oz berries
To make crust
- Place the dry cake mix, butter, 1 egg in a bowl and mix until well blended. Press mixture into parchment-lined 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
To make berry custard filling
- Place eggs in a bowl and beat eggs until well combined. Add in sugar and beat and until foamy. Add in sour cream, flour and mix to combine. Fold in strawberries and other berries.
- Pour mixture on top of crust and bake at 350 degrees for 40-55 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown, and the center slightly jiggles when pan is tapped.
- Cool completely in pan. Turn out onto a cutting board and cut into squares.